All Silsbee ISD employees will be paid monthly. An employee’s payroll statement contains detailed information including deductions, withholding information, and the amount of leave accumulated. All employees can obtain this information through Skyward Employee Access.
Payroll will be issued on the 22nd of each month. If the 22nd falls on a Saturday, payroll will be issued on Friday the 21st. If the 22nd falls on a Sunday, payroll will be issued on Monday the 23rd. Please refer to the district calendar for exact pay dates.
Since September 1, 2011, Silsbee ISD no longer issues physical paychecks. Employees will have the option to choose to be paid through direct deposit or via bank pay card. Direct Deposit enrollment forms can be obtained online through the district website or by contacting the payroll office. All substitutes will be paid via bank pay card.
Payroll DeductionsThe district is required to make the following automatic payroll deductions:
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS)
- Federal Income Tax
- Medicare tax (applicable only to employees hired after March 31, 1986)
- Temporary and part-time employees that are not eligible for TRS membership must enroll in a 457 retirement plan through First Financial Administrators, Inc.
Other payroll deductions that employees may elect to include are:
Salary deductions are automatically made for unauthorized or unpaid leave
- Employee’s share of premiums for health, dental, and life insurance
- Higher Education Savings Plans
- Savings Deposits and loan payments through Education First Federal Credit Union
- Membership dues to professional organizations