The following are links to important resources regarding special education services.
- Guidances on Admission, Review and Dismissal Process
- Services for Texas Students with Disabilities Ages 3-5
- Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism
- Texas Behavior Support Network
- Texas Project First
- Transition in Texas
- Texas Transition & Employment Guide
- Parent Coordination Network
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process
The following are informational publications:
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards: English | Spanish
- Admission, Review and Dismissal Guide: English | Spanish
- Special Education Rules and Regulations
- Senate Bill 139: Notice to Families
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, also known as IDEA, is a federal law that gives eligible students with disabilities the right to receive special education services and assistance in school. To be eligible for special education services, a student with a disability must need instruction that is specially designed to meet the student’s unique needs based on that disability. The process and procedures for initiating a referral for evaluation for special education services are found in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and TEC Sec. 29.004.