COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Athletic Guidelines
In accordance with the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and Texas Governor Greg Abbott's Executive Order GA-29, face coverings will be mandatory for all UIL events at Silsbee ISD. This Executive Order became effective July 3, 2020. As the public health situation changes, and/or if subsequent Executive Orders are issued by Governor Greg Abbott, these guidelines may be further modified.
- Face coverings include non-medical grade disposable face masks, cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth), or full-face shields to protect eyes, nose, and mouth.
- All employees, parents, visitors and students ten years of age or older must wear face coverings or face shields upon entry to an area where UIL activities are being conducted and when not actively practicing or playing in the contest, unless an exception listed below applies.
Exceptions to the wearing of face coverings or face shields include:
- Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
- While a person is consuming food or drink;
- While the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water.
- When a congregating group of persons maintains at least 6 feet of social distancing; or
- Any other reason or circumstance indicated under Executive Order GA-29.
Spectators, Audiences, Fans and Media
- Spectators that will attend games, contests, or events will be limited to within a maximum 50% capacity, provided that appropriate spacing between spectators is maintained according to the protocol.
- Spectators, audiences, fans and media are required to wear face coverings as described in Executive Order GA-29.
These guidelines will be in conjunction with the Silsbee ISD general Athletic Event Guidelines found on the Athletics page of our website.