Skip To Main Content

Medical Care

If a student should have a medical emergency or become ill at school or at a school-related activity when the parent cannot be reached, the school will need to have alternate adults to contact and written parental consent to obtain emergency medical treatment. Therefore, parents are asked each year to complete an emergency care consent form. Each student receives an Emergency Care Form at the beginning of each school year. The information filled out by the parent and returned to the school nurse contains valuable information for the child's care. Parents should keep emergency care information (name of the doctor, emergency phone numbers, allergies to medications, etc.) up-to-date: having current information will be of critical importance should as accident or injury occur that requires medical attention.

Silsbee ISD is not responsible for medical costs associated with a student's injury. The District does make available, however, optional, low-cost student accident insurance program to assist parents in meeting medical expenses. A parent who desires coverage for his or her child will be responsible for paying insurance premiums and for submitting claims through the nurse's office.