It is the intent of the school health program to provide health counseling, appraisal, screening, referral, and follow-up through program planning development and evaluation.
The primary purpose of Silsbee Independent School District's school health program is the optimal maintenance, promotion, protection, and improvement of student, staff, and community health. The school health program personnel work collaboratively with students, parents, educators, staff members, and other community resources to assist the student to develop competence to confidently cope with the complexities of life. The program is designed to assure a safe, healthy environment that is conducive to learning and provide professional care for those who become ill or injured while at school.
The school health program is no substitute for the health care that parents should provide for children. Rather than relieving parents' responsibilities, this program is established to encourage individuals to utilize the services of a private physician, dentist, optometrist and/or community health agency.
- To augment health instruction which guide students toward reaching full capacity as individuals who make responsible decisions about personal, family, and community health.
- To advocate and help provide an environment conducive to the promotion and maintenance of health.
- To detect and to provide nursing care for any physical condition that impedes learning or threatens optimum health. (Nursing care is defined as assessment, intervention, counseling, and/or referral of any physical conditions.)
- To provide liaison among the school, home, community agencies, physicians, and other health personnel.
- To provide a physical, mental, and emotional health advocate for children within the school.
- To achieve acceptable levels of compliance with federal, state, and local health regulations.
- To maintain and utilize current individual and collective health data.
- To provide learning and growth experiences for staff members.
- To evaluate the program's effectiveness.
409-980-78001575 Highway 96 NorthSilsbee, Texas 77656